On this page, I will try to keep an up-to-date and complete list of all my published popular articles, excluding the blog posts published on this site.
For a list of all my scholarly articles, see my SSRN page: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=3027597
DISCLAIMER: Other sites sometimes re-print my articles without asking me or even informing me. I mention this not because I necessarily object to such re-printing, but rather to clarify that if you see an article of mine published by particularly objectionable outlet, that doesn’t necessarily mean I endorse that outlet; I probably didn’t even know they’d published it at all.
- How a Central Bank Caused One of History’s Biggest Cons, Published on Mises.org on 18th July.
- Patients Are ‘Dying in Corridors’ of Britain’s Socialised Health System, Published on Mises.org on 23rd January.
- Did Hayek Really Say that Free Markets Make Consumers Better Informed? Published on Mises.org on 12th January. This article was the result of the Mises Intitute’s decision to partially re-print my similarly titled post from this blog.
- DEBATE: Should banks end unauthorised overdraft charges? Published in City A.M. on 8th December. I took the ‘No’ side in this debate column, with the ‘Yes’ side being taken by Sarah Coles, a personal finance analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown.
- DEBATE: Will the price cap on energy bills proposed by Theresa May be good for consumers? Published in City A.M. on 6th October. I shared this column with Joshua Emden of the Institute for Public Policy Research, with each of us writing a short few paragraphs making the case for one side or the other of the question. Naturally, my answer was ‘No’.
- The NHS is world class – if you ignore its woeful outcomes, a re-worded and abbreviated version of the previous article, published in City A.M. on 14th August.
- Does Britain Have the World’s Best Health System? Only if you Ignore Outcomes, published on Mises.org on 20th July.
- For Libertarians, the British Monarchy Is the Least of Our Worries, originally intended to be titled ‘Why Anarchists should Support the Queen‘, published on Mises.org on 9th July.
- No, Mark Carney, Brexit Didn’t Cause Inflation – You Did, published on Mises.org on 28th June.
- Would You Lease-to-Own a Pair of Sneakers?, published on Mises.org on 10th May.
- Mark Carney: Britain’s Celebrity Central Banker, published on Mises.org on 18th October.
- Theresa May uses first Conference speech as Prime Minister to Attack Libertarians, published on LewRockwell.com on 10th October.
- The Bank of England Abandons Cryptocurrencies – For Now, published by Mises.org on 6th October.
- My letter of thanks to Mises Institute donors, written after having attended the 2016 Mises University summer programme in Auburn, AL, was published in The Austrian Vol.2 No.5, September-October 2016.
- The Post-Brexit Boom is Baffling Elites, published by Mises.org on 19th September.
- Investors are Thwarting the Bank of England’s latest QE Scheme, published by Mises.org on 1st September.
- The Bank of England turns to More Easy Money, published by Mises.org on 21st August.